Friday, August 15, 2008

MASS IN HONOR OF OUR LADY OF PROVIDENCE

The title you see in this post is the title of the new Mass setting I am beginning work on. This is an English Mass, according to the newly-approved translation of the Ordinary of the Mass, that I hope to have prepared by the time the entire Mass gets approved.

This Mass setting will include music for:
Lord, Have Mercy (Kyrie, Eleison)
Glory to God in the Highest (Gloria in Excelsis Deo)
Alleluia (with a chant-like Psalm tone for use with the Proper verse of the day)
- Note: a Lenten replacement has not been specified in the new translation - yet! Once it does, I'll update accordingly.
I Believe (Credo)
Holy (Sanctus)
All three Memorial Acclamations (We proclaim your death, O Lord; When we eat this bread and drink this cup; and Save us, Savior of the world)
I will not include an "Amen", in hopes that use of the simple chant A-men___ (F FG or G GA or whatever) will be promoted.
Lamb of God (Agnus Dei)

I wanna be ready, man! :-P
Peace,
BMP

3 comments:

Anthony said...

Nice!

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

nice, and major points for not including an amen, that does get on my nerves when the amen and the priests tone are completely different.

Brian Michael Page said...

Yeah, the amen from Jubilate Deo works fine for me, no matter what Father chants.

I didn't include the Lord's Prayer either, in hopes that one of the chant settings already given to the English-speaking Church will continue to be put to use.
BMP