Monday, February 18, 2008

MIDDLE NAME MEME

Our ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDREDTH POST

Stolen from Fr. Erik...

1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.
2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.)

M - Michael is my middle name. (well, DEE-DA-DEE!)

I - Insistant that music at Mass conforms to the official liturgy documents - that's me. Unfortunately, that's what keeps me from getting hired at most parishes.

C - Casavant built three of my home state's largest pipe organs (Cathedral of SS. Peter and Paul, Providence, RI, IV/120; Grace Church/Episcopal, Providence, RI, III/103; St. Matthew Church, Central Falls, RI, III/70, was IV/70).

H - Heavy is my foot on the gas pedal of my motor vehicle

A - April is the month in which the only non-summer baby in my immediate family (parents, siblings, wife, kids, self) was born. My son Brian was born on April Fools' Day.

E - Eric is the first name of the front man (Eric Carmen) of my all-time favorite secular band, Raspberries.

L - Landry is my wife's maiden name. Sadly, it is also the surname of the former priest who composed such ditties as Hail Mary/Gentle Woman, Bloom Where You're Planted, and Abba Father, all of which became big hits in the hymnal Glory and Praise, one of liturgy's biggest sins. Thankfully, my wife and the composer in question are NOT related in any way.

OK - this meme's gone 'round and 'round and 'round, so TAG, YOU'RE IT! to the first SIXTEEN people who read this. (My seven plus Jason's NINE)

Peace,
BMP

6 comments:

DominiSumus said...

lol at the Landry comment, but I think there is another Landry who is doing more than his part to redeem the family name. ;-) Even if he is no relation.

http://www.catholicpreaching.com/

Jason Pennington said...

The former priest Landry, now ex-priest Landry, is from Lafayette, or at least the Lafayette area. It is my understanding that he had "served" at St. Genevieve parish down here. Even in Lafayette, the Hi God CD's are found on the bargain $1 rack at the local Catholic bookshop.

JP

Brian Michael Page said...

Unlike the ex-priest Landry mentioned in the meme and Jason's comment, the Landry that Domini Sumus mentions in her comment is an active priest, and one of the far better ones in her diocese in terms of the faith and of liturgy (not to mention his beautifully ornate church has a double balcony and a IV/52 Casavant). He concelebrated a funeral at the ghosthouse once - he really has class.

You won't hear the music of the ex-priest Landry in this active priest Landry's parish, rest assured. :)

BMP

DominiSumus said...

Absolutely! Fr. Roger Landry is awesome. He was the curate at my former parish and I heard nothing but good things about him from the parishioners.

I have worked with him on several things in the past so I can attest to his excellence. I didn't quite know how to take him when he was in the seminary. We didn't have any priests quite like him. We have a few more now. :-)

Plus, my first, and unfortunately only, experience with the Extraordinary Form of the Mass was with him as the celebrant.

As for Lafayette, they definately for cheated.

Lyn F. said...

Oi! Brian! I bit. Have a read ...

http://musical-chemist.blogspot.com/2008/02/middle-name-meme.html

Mary Jane Ballou said...

"Hi, God CD" Oh, give me a break already. I'm resisting an overwhelming temptations to Google it and read the titles - just to raise my annoyance level. Better not.

And we have a Casavant in the Cathedral-Basilica in St. Augustine. I've gotten to sub there a couple of times and it's delicious, especially in this land of Rodgers and Allen.