Wednesday, January 2, 2008

MY FIRST ENTRY TO THE
ORGAN HISTORICAL SOCIETY PAGES

A while back, we added the Organ Historical Society to the CV Definitive Linkroll. On this site you can search the database for pipe organs that are or were in a given church.

In May 2006, I had written a post about the five (yes, only five) Aeolian-Skinner organs in all of Rhode Island. One of the churches mentioned was Blessed Sacrament in Providence, RI, home of an Aeolian Skinner built in 1968. I had done a search under Providence yesterday out of curiosity. They had listed a three-manual Austin built "before 1905".

So, via an online form that one can use to give the OHS updates on a given organ, I tipped them off about the Aeolian Skinner that is now in use. I also included this link from the Aeolian-Skinner Opus List. I got this reply from Jim Cook, who runs the OHS database:

On behalf of the OHS Database Committee, thank you for sending information through our on-line form.

During the review process, we discovered that the changes you described were extensive enough to warrant making a new entry. We therefore used the information you submitted to create this new entry and linked it to the previous one.

http://organsociety.bsc.edu/SingleOrganDetails.php?OrganID=32560

Please take time to visit the new entry and notify us if we have made any errors. I look forward to receiving future contributions from you. -- jim cook, Database Manager


On the new page, I find:
Additional notes.
Identified through on-line information from Brian Michael Page.


WOOHOO! I feel as if I just made my own page for the OHS! Humbled, yet thrilled, am I!
Peace,
BMP

PS: Incidentally, I just added the Aeolian-Skinner archive pages to the CV Definitive Linkroll. It includes a couple of interviews, a brief timeline of the company, and opus lists for Aeolian-Skinner, E.M. Skinner, E.M. Skinner and Son, and Bassett-Skinner.

No comments: